Our custom dive boat, The Honu Adventure:
1. All dive gear is conveniently stored in the rear of the boat next to the swim step, well away from passenger seating.
2. Our boat features a rugged dive ladder for getting back into the boat easily after your dive. Getting into the water is even easier. Your gear is put onto you by the boat captain while you sit with your feet on the swim step. Just stand-up and you are one step away from your dive adventure.
3. Our boat features two 120 H.P. diesel engines for increased speed, reliability and fuel economy. Each engine is set up to be redundant and should one engine ever fail, we will will always have the other to return to the harbor. You know how important this is if you've ever been stuck out on the water.
4. We have comfortable seating for 8 passengers, but we only take 6 passengers maximum.
5. At least 2 crew members go out on every dive trip. Each crew member is knowledgeable in first aid and boat safety. Each crew member is certified to PADI divemaster or higher.
6. Our boat is 28 feet in length, about 10 feet wide, was built in 2002 right here on the Big Island of Hawaii and is equiped with a warm, fresh water shower.
Finally, we are not one of the Kona "cattle boats". We get to know each of our passengers and tailor the dive trip to meet the wants and needs of everyone onboard. If you are not having fun we'll know about it and do whatever it takes to make your time on the water with us as enjoyable as possible.
We are not a cattle boat!
Morning Dive Trips
Manta Ray Night Dives
Open Water Certification
Specialties (Nitrox, etc.)
Honu Sports, LLC.